I love food, surprises, and anything that makes shopping for my man easier. Mantry has all of those elements, and that is why I couldn't wait to receive a special crate from them. If you haven't heard of Mantry, they are a food of the month club for men. It is the best way to discover american artisan foods and they even send you recipes for each food item.
Some of the types of foods that you can expect from them include BBQ sauce crafted in the backwoods of Alabama, bison jerky from the foothills of of Montana, and birch syrup hand harvested in Alaska. All of the goodies come shipped in a very cool looking crate that was handmade in America.
If all of that doesn't sound like the epitome of manliness, than I don't know what does. This makes Mantry the perfect gift for any man in your life. Husbands, boyfriends, dads, brothers; they will all love Mantry! After all, what guy doesn't love food?
For just $75 a month you receive 6 full size high quality american made food items, a crate, and a booklet that has recipes and tells a story.
Every month each crate has a different theme. This month's theme was Street Food. This is everything that I received.
- We Rub You Korean BBQ Marinade - I haven't tried this yet, but it looks so good. They recommend doing a quick marinade with a huge flanksteak, cut it up and make tacos with it. That sounds so good! It sounds like something my boyfriend would love to eat.
- Maya Kaimal Butter Masala - Neither me or my boyfriend have really tried Indian food before. Apparently, it's pretty good laddled over chicken and veggies.
- Olo Foods Olo's Chipotle Paste - This is another food that's pretty much out of our comfort zone, which is probably a good thing, because it's going to help us experiment in the kitchen. This stuff is pretty spicy, since their website warns "A little goes a long way!".
- Three Jerks Jerky Chipotle Abodo Jerky - I got so excited when I saw this! I love jerky, my boyfriend loves jerky, we were ecstatic. It's so good, I had to keep myself from eating the whole bag. It's made with top-notch filet mignon, so it's super tender for jerky. It has a great mix of sweet, spicy, and savory flavors that makes it absolutely mouth watering.
- Grey Ghost Bakery Cinnamon Pecan Cookies - This is another item that I had to just dive right into as soon as I saw it. These pecan cookies are made with unbromated flour, European butter, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Steven Smith Teamaker Big Hibiscus - This is something that I was actually really excited about. I love tea and I love trying out new teas. This one is a mix of luscious red hibiscus with Indian sarsaparilla, ginger, pink rose petals, and elderflowers from Europe. It sounds heavenly.