I was a loyal Birchbox subscriber in 2012, but I ended up cancelling my subscription after accumulating more makeup and samples than I could use, I decided to resubscribe this month, and I just received my first box.
Just in case you don't know what Birchbox is, it's a subscription service that sends you 5 beauty samples a month.What sets Birchbox apart from the many other beauty boxes is that they send you makeup from well known and high end brands, while Ipsy often sends you cheaper and less well known makeup. They are also one of the most affordable subscription services at only $10 a month, compared to Glossybox which is $21 a month.
They even have an amazing reward points system. For every item you review in your box, you receive 10 points, and you receive 50 points for referring friends. Just by reviewing your samples, you receive a guaranteed 50 points a month. For every 100 points, you get $10 to spend in the Birchbox store. So, it's super easy to earn a lot of points to buy full size products of your choice!
Usually Birchbox packages your samples like a beautiful gift. Needless to say, I was less than thrilled with the packaging of my box this month. The tissue paper was wrinkled and just stuffed in the box. My samples inside were carelessly scattered about.
However, I was pretty pleased with my samples. I received:
- Klorane Smoothing and Relaxing Patches with soothing Cornflower - I have dark circles under my eyes, so this is a useful sample for me.
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo - I'm really excited about this one. It's a generous size, I've been wanting to try this brand, and I love dry shampoo. It's a win, win, win.
- Lox Vibrant Matte Lipstick in the color Wildest Dreams - This is also a generous size sample and I love receiving makeup in my boxes. The only thing i'm not too thrilled about is that it's red. I personally just don't care for red lips on me.
- Parlor by Jeff Chastain Touchable Curl Cream - This one I'm a little iffy on. I love hair products, but I usually wear my hair straight. However, I've never tried a curl cream, so I will give it a chance.
- theBalm cosmetics Cindy-Lou-Manizer - Ahh, I've been wanting to try makeup from theBalm badly. I've heard a lot of good things about this product. So, I'm really excited about getting this in my box.
Overall, I'm really happy with the products I received in my Birchbox this month. If you want to subscribe to Birchbox for $10 a month, then click here. By using my link, you will receive $5 off your first box!